May 02, 2012

DIY SUEDE ELBOW PATCHES


Michelle here, bringing you an easy elbow patch DIY to cover up a hole or to add a little something to a blazer, sweater or jacket.

Click below for the tutorial!



Here are all the materials I used:

  • Sewing machine (not necessarily needed)
  • Suede fabric
  • Needle and thread
  • Pins
  • Scissors
  • Fabric Chalk
  • (and the jacket I'm putting the elbow patches on)


1. If needed, start by printing out a template of an elbow patch to use as a guide for its size. I used this template as my guide from marthastewart.com. I found that it was a little big so I printed the page in landscape instead of portrait and it turned out the be the best size!

2. Fold suede in half, place the template on your fabric and pin in place. Cut patches out and this is what you should end up with.



3. This step can be skipped, but I added a stitch with a seam allowance of 1cm along the outside of the patch for added design.

4. Put on your jacket, sweater or blazer and using the fabric chalk, mark where your elbow is. Pin your elbow patch in place and make sure it is where you want it. This may take a few adjustments.



5. Stitch around the edge of the patch with needle and thread.



And you're done! Voila!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy the suede material?

Michelle said...

I got it from Fabricland!